Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD

• Please log in to reply

seanballentine

seanballentine

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Over the past week i have been recieving BSoD messages. I would try to fix it but it is a different message every time and usually doesnt specify any particular file/driver. One time it did css-dvp.sys That was the only time it specified. Some stop messages i got were

0x50
0xCE
0x8E
0x19

This is just to name the ones i remember or i wrote down.......

It must have something to do with css-dvp.sys
but im only a begginer computer user so i dont know what to do..
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883775

This is not your day, did you ever have 'command one' software on you computer? It is an antivirus if that rings a bell.

seanballentine

seanballentine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
WE bought this computer second hand.....it is possible but i dont know.....Would you know how to fix it if i did have it on here somehow......Could it hurt the computer if i tried to get rid of it somehow........do you have any suggestions.....

seanballentine

seanballentine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
All the article told me was that someone made a boo-boo on my computer but it doesnt say how to fix it.

seanballentine

seanballentine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
(Something that just popped in my head.)
I came to this site previously.(A long time ago) and it helped me with a virus. When i did virus scans. Command Service would always pop up. But this site said that command service was probablly included in one of the virus protection packages. So Command Service has been on my computer but i dont know how to get it off. Is it possiblt that a virus is diguised as command service?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Short of someone else coming up with a better idea, 'css-dvp.sys' is a file that can be removed manually but first you must find it by using doing the search which is done by pressing the winkey(that windows button on the keyboard) and the f button. Make sure that when you delete it, it is in the recycle bin, leave it there for about a week. And if all is well, just empty the recycle bin after the weeks is over.

Also, I would recommend a spring clean of the comp after the week is over

http://www.kickenhar...read.php?t=3835

Edited by fleamailman, 04 October 2006 - 03:43 AM.

seanballentine

seanballentine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I used the search and i searched css-dvp.sys it came up with nothing......this is really wierd......the problem persists with my computer.......i continue to get stop messages around once every other day on my computer.........
Recently a different file came up besides css-dvp.sys
it was ACPI.sys
I dont know what it is....... or how to fix it
Each message seems to suggest something different but they are always about my memory.....could there be something wrong with my memory that is causing all these problems
PLEASE HELP!!!!

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
try the spring clean then, as it might just be for example a orphan in the prefetch, if after those steps the problem persists we can move on to the malware removal and scans. so the process is

- a total spring clean of the comp at
http://www.kickenhar...read.php?t=3835

- if the problem is still there, the malware removal steps
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

- if the problem remains the contine with their suggestions meneting in the second link

Edited by fleamailman, 09 October 2006 - 10:24 AM.