Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help. Driver. Corrupt. HELP!

• Please log in to reply

^_^

^_^

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
My Driver isnt working since when i REstarted my whole computer, but it saved all my documents, But when i try to run a cd or dvd it wont read, so i went to troubleshoot, and told me to to uninstal then install again and i did so but it still doesnt work, i went to check it out on my C: files in the hardware tab section but it says

Windows status: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing. [code 39]

It says that for my SONY CD-RW CRX215E5 and IDE-DVD ROM 16x

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I think you might be getting the term restarted and reformated confused... Restarted is when you turn the computer off and then turn it back on within seconds. To reformat means to wipe the drive of all information. Now, just so I can clarify, which of these did you do?

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i reformated my computer, sry for the miss use of term.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ^_^...

Let's take a look at the upper and lower filters for this problem. Click Start then Run and type regedit...click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
none of those are listed

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
oh wait only lowerfilter is listed

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Right click on LowerFilters and choose "Delete"...accept the change. Close Registry Editor and reboot.

Try the drives...any change?

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
OMG!!! YOu Guys are the best ever!!!!!!!thank you!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help! :whistling: