Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

physics with computers

• Please log in to reply

Christopss

Christopss

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey every person
I got to do some project for physics and its uses with programming
I know so far that Gravity, light, sound and newtons fist law is used.
Does any one know any laws that I may of missed

Also I know a fair bit of physics is used in games are there any software that uses physics that’s not a game that I should know.

Advertisements

dhamal

dhamal

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
try Halo

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Tonnes mate, physics simulations are used in pretty much everything and it all depends on what kind of physics you are looking at, physics modelling was around long before computer games started using it its only now that computers in the average home are powerful enough to use it.

One of its biggest classic applications is things like flight modelling and trajectories in aeronautics. Physics modeling and other types of modeling in that general area are used alot almost everyday by scientists and engineers.

When compared with the actual uses of physics modelling in software games with it make up a tiny fraction not really worth mentioning in themselves as they do it to no great degree or more importantly useful degree. Physics models are totally essential to satelite launches and flight paths and astronomy you might try researching that area its probably more interesting than things like fluid dynamics modelling.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Read this link about the just-awarded Nobel prize in Physics. I would imagine there was some extensive computer use in this.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes they would have made extensive use of computers they are particularly worthy of the prize i actually thought they got the prize last time round but i must be getting them mixed up, its an amazing piece of astronomy and its an odd occasion for actual physicists to win the price often physicists win the chemistry prize and chemists the physics price its quite funny, The nobel website is a great site as well for reference if you want to know why and how they got the prize you should take a look ,

What that article doesn't tell you is that when the nobel academy called one of them to tell him it was 2.30am his time and hung up on them thinking it was a crank call lol.

chelton

chelton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
You could read this

Edited by chelton, 05 October 2006 - 06:25 AM.

Christopss

Christopss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
thanks for all your help people. :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
That's what we're here for :whistling:

trid2bnrml

trid2bnrml

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sometimes for me, it's "Murphy's Law" LOL!

(everything that can go wrong, will go wrong)