Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Desktop backgrounds

• Please log in to reply

Bonfire

Bonfire

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
NO one ever answered my last question so I will try again with a new question. I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that I can download for my computer desktop backgound where I can take 2 different pictures of my grandchidren and split them on the screen? I have 2 favorite pictures but can only show one on the screen and I would like to be able to show 2 or even 4. I would think you should be able to do this but I haven't been able to find anything. Anyone know of anything???

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi Bonfire. There is a lot of them out there, just do a
google search for picture editing freeware.

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks! Guess I wasn't wording it right when I was looking. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
this can be done in paint ....open paint

a white square should appear along the edge of white square if you run cursor it should change to arrows going both directions click on that and drag to the right as far as you can....you can do this on th bottom of white square drag it all the way down the arrows usually appear in the center of white square you can barely see blue spot where you click on it to drag....dont close this window

open your picture of one grand child in paint or right click picture send to paint

select all....then copy

open your first paint window.....then edit and paste

get second picture do the same only with this one you can move it around but what you want is to put beside your first picture so click it and drag to place it

You may have to resize your pictures this can be done in image under stretch and skew

BUT remember if reduce the picture by 10% at the top horizontal

Then vertical has to be reduce by 10% always keep in mind what you do to horizontal
you do the exact same to vertical

once your satisfied work your work or project give it a name under file save as

you can find picture in my pictures then right click select set background it will be placed on your desktop dont choose desk top item

THIS TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO AND IT CAN DO A NICE JOB BUT THE MORE YOU PRACTICE THE BETTER AND NICER YOUR BACKGROUND WILL BECOME I CREATE MY OWN BACK GROUND THIS ONE TECHNIQUE I USE

Edited by rushin1nd, 04 October 2006 - 05:37 PM.

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks so much! I don't have paint, I am asumming it's not a freeware. I will have to check it out and see if it's something I can do, not all that great on the computer but am learning!!!

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you can try this program

http://www.canadianc...nt_Express.html

its not the same as mine but should have basic functions of paint program

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

I don't have paint

Paint is a Windows component and comes with the operating system.

Click Start, point to All Programs, then to Accessories, and click on Paint

wannabe1

Bonfire

Bonfire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks again! I didn't know that was there! Good thing you told me, duh, I was looking all over the internet! Guess I need to explore more!