Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bets way to create a Shopping Cart?

• Please log in to reply

wburrough

wburrough

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok I donít know exactly where to start so ill just start typing. I run a local business and just created my web site in this past week. I am pretty familiar with web design but have never had to use it with e-commerce. As of now I set my shopping cart up with pay pal and the user has to click an "add to cart" button which opens up a new window in paypal. Paypal said that if I already have a shopping cart I can still use them but I am not sure where to even start looking for a code for a decent shopping cart.

I am pretty much at step one and figured I would come here because any other computer problems I have ever had problems with, people on these forms have solved them

1. Should I even use Paypal?
2. Bizland is my current host (pro membership)
3. Should I use a separate e-commerce host?
4. My web site (www.faceplatesgrillz.com)

I donít even know what I am looking for all I know is that I want a nice shopping cart on my page which a person can check out on my page. Or at least add there stuff to the shopping cart without going off my site.

Just a finger in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
It looks like your webhost has some eCommerce tools available already. Checked out your site- might wanna review it for typos. What you are selling cannot afford to be associated with carelessness.
http://www.bizland.c...ce-services.bml
Johanna