Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system recovery accident

• Please log in to reply

wendiee

wendiee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
My computer froze up and a black and white screen came up and gave a few options. f10 system recovery was accidently entered. I can not find pictures now they were all jpeg. Where they deleted? I have found a few that where gif files. It is driving me crazy I had over 2 years of family photos that I did not back up
If you can help me I would be very greatful

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
If it was a system restore then you can undo it by
Start>Programs>accessories>systemtools>system restore undo last system restore.

Nekul

Nekul

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
If it is a System Recovery the Un Do last Restore may not work. You can try to start in safe mode and then check in Documments and settings for the Picture files. System Recovery may back up the files in My Documents folder to some oterh folders.

Check in Documentsa and settings folder for the files. Ensure to check under all user names there.

Nekul