Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LIMITED OR NO CONNECTION

• Please log in to reply

Jballa

Jballa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey GUYS.. I have never used this before but I tried some of the posts before and they didn't quite work so I'm hoping if I give a specific posting it will help. Anyways here's my problem.

When I try to plug into LAN with my ethernet it always says LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY. I can get wireless fine but for some reason when i try to plug in.. its a no go. I'm not sure what happened it was working perfectly and then WHAMMO (<--dramatic effect) it stopped working and now i can't connect back. Hopefully this is enough information, if you guys could figure this out I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER.

Advertisements

Gophergutz

Gophergutz

Trusted Tech

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Assuming your switch and cable are OK, you should make sure you don't have your NIC configured for a static IP. That message usually indicates that the NIC is getting a signal, but some other problem is keeping it from fully connecting to whatever network you are on. This happens to me sometimes with my wireless connection if I go to a new place and forget to set my TCP/IP settings back to DHCP. Run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew at a command prompt to be sure you are getting an IP address to that partucular interface. Also, if you can connect some other way, download and run Winsock. It basically clears your network settings and re-creates them.
You can get it from my site if you like...here's the link Winsock