Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Problems

• Please log in to reply

Molo

Molo

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I've downloaded IE 7 and I'm having trouble, I have used it for a while, but now it won't work at all. When it opens, it says it is connecting, but then nothing, and it still shows that it is connecting. Also, Outlook Express is having issues. It says I need to reload it. If anyone can help me go back to IE 6 or fix the problem I have, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Molo

Advertisements

eclipsehome

eclipsehome

• Pip
  • 3 posts
try firefox! 100 times better than IE.
IE is easly hacked
you can import your favorites to firefox!!
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I agree with "eclipsehome". Firefox is amazing, faser, and reliable. :whistling:

Molo

Molo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I already have Firefox, but somethings won't work on it, so I want IE and Firefox both. Need help with removing 7 and replacing it with 6. Thanks in advance

Molo

tWiStEdArRow

tWiStEdArRow

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok since firefox doznt work for you and Internet explorer is giving you probs try one of 2 things.

1. Opera : fastest browser available according to tests etc
2. Avant browser : Pretty dam fast but also has almost all the cool features of firefox, IE , and opera combined. Its basically well balanced.And i havent faced and bugs so far.

billfrombb

billfrombb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If you click the right arrows next to Tools then Help->Send Feedback it brings you to Microsoft's IE7 FAQ page. It has instructions on how to uninstall IE7. Here's the URL:

http://www.microsoft...rt/default.mspx

I suspect it's checking for IE7 to take you to the proper page.

So far I haven't had problems except that when an email is open in Outlook, it won't download images. It does work in preview mode however.

Molo

Molo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I just uninstalled IE7 and it reinstalled IE6, which is working fine. Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Edited by Matt T, 16 December 2007 - 09:05 PM.

eclipsehome

eclipsehome

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i use firefox but thanks for the IE tips on activexcontrolers! i use IE for some sites that dont work with firefox.

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
You're welcome :whistling:

Edited by Matt T, 16 December 2007 - 09:05 PM.