Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundmax speaker setup

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm

RedStorm

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys

i just had to reformat my hdd and reinstall windows, im now trying to get my speaker set up to work again (5 satellites , 1 sub) and no matter what configuration i use on my motherboard i cannot get all the satellites to work its either the back 3 or the front 2.

i have a P4C800 deluxe motherboard with soundmax 4.0, its also updated.

ill keep at it but any suggestions u guys might have would be great.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you updated your sound card drivers? Also, do you have the settings set to use all of them? Try this if you have no idea what I just said lol (Sorry, couldn't think of a good way to explain it)... Click on Start, and then click on Control Panel. Click on Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices. Click on Sounds and Audio Devices. Next, you will see a new window appear. Look where it says 'Speaker Settings" (at the bottom). Click on the advanced button. Now, how many speakers is your system set to use?

RedStorm

RedStorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi, i adjusted it to my 5.1 surround sound settings and ran the soundmax wizard again its still not working correctly. it appears sound is only coming out of my top center speaker

RedStorm

RedStorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Just got it working it appears i had "switch subwoofer with center" and then it messed up when i set up the plugs in the back.

Thanks for the help though bud
Have a good thanksgiving.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Glad to hear that you fixed it :whistling: We'll see you around :blink: