Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media failure message

• Please log in to reply

ASE master tech

ASE master tech

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a panasonic toughbook model cf-28. I run my mitchell program on it but I am having to upgrade it to run the new one. I bought a western digital 120gb hard drive to be able to hold the program on the lap top. When I installed the drive and tried to boot the system up it came up with a PXE-E61 Media test failure and will not let me do anything else. I placed the old drive back in and it booted up to xp no problem. I put the new one back in and once again got the media test failure message and it will not let me do anything but go into the bios. Can someone help me with some info has toi wither there is something that I can do or if it's just a bad drive?
Thanks for any help

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
From doing a quick google search, this appears to be a bios issue or a bad HDD. Here is a link to several solutions or suggestions for your problem. If none of them work, then it may very well be a bad HDD:

http://www.nocrash.c...msgs/3247.shtml

Good luck.