Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupted or missing dll files

• Please log in to reply

flyingfish

flyingfish

• Pip
  • 2 posts

grrrrr im really pissed about this because i just got a new computer and it was working fine and such until i started getting .dll errors, one was an XCOM.dll error or something like tha error with .dll at the end, its really ticking me off, costed me 500k in items in one Java based game that i play because my browser shut down while this happened and i died =(, im just wondering if there is a way to ethier fix it or are there any FREE programs than i can use to repair it?
thats it,
thanks for your time

-mizz

View Post

Advertisements

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Do you get an "Cannot find XXXXX.dll in XpathX XpathX XpathX XpathX" ?
Can you find the dll's whne you use 'search' from the startmenu?

If both questions above can be answered with 'yes' you can copy ( not move, because some other program probably expects it in the directory where you found it ) the found file to one of the paths mentioned in the list. That should fix it.

This may not be the cleanest and most professional solution, but it has worked for me in the past.

( and my philosophy is: A dirty method that works is better than a clean method that doesn't work :tazz: )

Ojo

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
xcom.dll or something like that? Sorry It helps if you put the exact
message so we aren't all searching for files that aren't real.
What is the exact message.
peterm

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you get the exact name for the error, go here

Process Library