Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your Freedom - Sockscap - help!

• Please log in to reply

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hello. In my school everybody get a laptop. We are allowed to play games on them, but not to download illegal products. Therefore, they have blocked some ports. The problem is, that when you try to play MMORPGs on em, it doesen't work!

Some people use Your Freedom and Sockscap to play online games like World of Warcraft, and it works.

The game I want to play is called FLYFF: Fly For Fun, and I can't get it to work! When the game starts, I first get up a patch window. That one works, but when I try to log in it says it can't log in.

I can play the game from home, so somebody told me to tunnel the game from my home PC but I don't know how to do that.

Help, please! :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, different games use different ports to connect. Yours just happens to be on the rejected list... All I can tell you is to ask the school IT department what to do, maybe they can help you.

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yeah well there's a way to get around that... Like the WoW players do. :s

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well contact a WOW player then. I don't know how you could do such a thing.

Flugfarfar

Flugfarfar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
The thing is I've done that. But if I try the same settings as a WoW player, it doesen't work. :whistling: