Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Won't Start Up

• Please log in to reply

trap boi

trap boi

• Pip
  • 9 posts
IDK y but for some reason my compuer is not turning on. Like when I press the power button nothing comes on :whistling: ...I made sure everything was plugged up like 5 times already. I got a report I need to do so can someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If nothing spins and you don't see any lights then most probably your power supply unit is faulty.

trap boi

trap boi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

If nothing spins and you don't see any lights then most probably your power supply unit is faulty.

so how i fix it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
check inside the unit and see if there is a fuse it might be located near the out plug where it comes in the unit if you see one remove it and see if it burnt if it is replace it with the same type...or take it to repair shop this is a job for certified technician

BUT MAKE SURE YOUR NOT CONNECT TO ANY POWER SOURCE UNPLUG FROM THE WALL OR POWER BAR

trap boi

trap boi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

so how i fix it

thats what i was going to do but i dont know what type of screwdriver i use to replace it....because its a whole lotta wires going into the power supply and like 4 or 5 it look like goin into the restart and power button...which one i check first?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Actually it is quite simple. If you have a standard computer box you should buy a standard power supply unit. You can buy a generic one which is cheap and can give you a good service. Buy one that is at least 450 watt.

The power supply unit is attached with four screws to the top backside of the box. Put the computer on it's side and remove them, but don't unplug the connectors yet. Since you are not an expert, the best way to do this is to hold the new unit, or put in on the side of box and start unplugging the old connections one at a time. As soon as you unplug a connector, connect in its place an identical one of the new unit. Eventually you are going ro be left with the old unit loose and the new one connected. Now place the new unit in its place in the box and secure with the four screws. It is quite simple, actually. Just do it slowly and carefully. good luck

trap boi

trap boi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Actually it is quite simple. If you have a standard computer box you should buy a standard power supply unit. You can buy a generic one which is cheap and can give you a good service. Buy one that is at least 450 watt.

The power supply unit is attached with four screws to the top backside of the box. Put the computer on it's side and remove them, but don't unplug the connectors yet. Since you are not an expert, the best way to do this is to hold the new unit, or put in on the side of box and start unplugging the old connections one at a time. As soon as you unplug a connector, connect in its place an identical one of the new unit. Eventually you are going ro be left with the old unit loose and the new one connected. Now place the new unit in its place in the box and secure with the four screws. It is quite simple, actually. Just do it slowly and carefully. good luck

aaahh thanks...how much does a new one cost thouh

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Where I live it cost less then 20 dollar.

trap boi

trap boi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Do they have a website where I can get it offline because I live in a small town and they don't have nothing but a walmart and 3 local computer stores that overcharge for everything. Thanks so much for your help...my report is due in two weeks so itll be more then likely more then enough time for the item to ship to me.

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Do they have a website where I can get it offline because I live in a small town and they don't have nothing but a walmart and 3 local computer stores that overcharge for everything. Thanks so much for your help...my report is due in two weeks so itll be more then likely more then enough time for the item to ship to me.

http://www.newegg.com
http://www.tigerdirect.com
Both are reputable, I prefer newegg. Also, I have bought this power supply:
http://www.directron.com/hp485d.html
Thats another great site to buy from!