Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 ... can I go back in time?

• Please log in to reply

stluiewmn

stluiewmn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
And this is supposed to be better? I only have the IE because my system demands it. Once my other computer crashed on Sat, I pulled this one out of mothballs. The IE6 was giving me an error, although only occasionally, but I thought, hey...why not download the new version? Might take out the bugs.

Bad move. Not that I'm having problems, but I deeespyze the setup on the toolbar. I'm a simple girl, with simple needs.

But, the main reason I am now regretting the decision is once I pull up the settings in the control panel, I no longer have the option to delete ONLY temp files. There is one delete button, and it to delete temp files, history, cookies, saved passwords and webform information. Passwords?

This computer is very, very slow, and has been since I took it out of the box five years ago. At the time, I didn't realize the importance of processor speeds, etc. So, today, I wanted to delete TEMP FILES and temp files only -- not cookies or passwords -- I'll manage those on my own, thank you.

I've searched settings, etc...no way to change the options. Am I missing something?

And/or...is it possible to reload 6?

Attached Thumbnails

• CompProbsOct2006_014.resized.jpg

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
first...in i.e.7 on the screen you show...if you click the delete button...it actually brings up another window with the various sections that y ou can delete (i.e. temp files, cookies, history, etc..)..

and yes...if you don't like i.e.7 you can uninstall it and go back to 6 or whatever was installed before

just go to start > settings > controll panel> add /remove programs > look for internet explorer 7 and click the remove button...this should return you to the previous version of IE

stluiewmn

stluiewmn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I love this place! thanks for the info. I was 'afraid' to hit delete. I'll check it out. Thank you!