Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New MSI K8NGM2-L build, Need Memory suggestions

• Please log in to reply

Hellspawn

Hellspawn

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I just built/upgraded my old system with a new MSI K8NGM2-L and AMD X2 4600+ cpu.
Im using old DDR ram from my last machine (2 sticks of 512 elixir brand) and its not going very well.

The system runs fine as long as im not running anything that requires alot of memory, when I do, the system locks up with minor artifacts on the screen.

Ive tried to adjust my bios settings for voltage, fsb and latency, tried the memory in single and dual channel mode and havent found a winning combo yet.

So my question is: What would be the "best" memory on a budget for this MB?

Ive only ever bought cheap/generic brand memory in the past with no issues, but I can tell that it wont work this time.

Any suggestions?

My current configuration wont let me even run World of Warcraft without giving me the dreaded 132 error listing a memory issue.

Thanks!

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I would go with this:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145440

Can't go wrong with Corsair, but Kingston or any other type of PC3200 RAM should do fine.