Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Connect To Wireless Router - Win Vista

• Please log in to reply

roystreet

roystreet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I recently installed Win Vista on my tablet PC. It's coming along, things are a little different. But one of the first things I wanted to do was get connected to my wireless network. Vista can see my network & the strength is very good. I click to connect...Then it aska for the passphrase. I enter it in & then it tells me I can't connect. I've tried several different ways & I even logged into the router using my PC (Which is directly wired to the router) & changed the passphrase in case for some weird reason I didn't remember it. That didn't work either. I don't have MAC address filtering or anything like that. Does anyone have an idea why this wouldn't be working? I did use my old fashioned wired router & tried to connect that way & it did, but that won't really let me go out of the room that has the router - That was just a test anyway to see if it would go online.

P.S. I did want to mention that if I turn all security off, it will connect. I had it using WPA (AES) security before. So, this tells me it has something to do with the security. I will say when I used XP Pro on the tablet, the wireless connection worked great!

Edited by roystreet, 05 October 2006 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements