Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't do online scan

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone,
I use to do four different online scans, but now I can't, anyone know why?

1/ BIT DEFENDER, It loads the page and I agree to the agreement, and it says
"This site is not autherised to host this active x control"

2/ TREND MICRO, It loads the page, then says,
"Java suport is disabled or no java is installed"
I have java, and it is the most up to date. I click ok, It downloads an update, and prepairs to scan, but does not continue, it prepaires continiously. Quite often it says I have an abnormally slow internet connection, I haven't , I have 4MB Broadband.

3/ KASPERSKY, I fill in country, county, e-mail address, click on scan, and nothing happens.

4/ PANDA, It load up, it says scan now, I click on it, and nothing happens.

On 2,3,and 4, I have waited 5-10 minites, and nothing happens, all four scans used to run ok, now none of them work, any ideas?

I have/use,
AVG Free Anti-Virus, Sygate Firewall, AD-Aware, Spybot, tune up, clean up, Trojan hunter, CW Shredder, Spyware Blaster, (These are the main ones, I have a few more).

I also get MS JAVA.DLL and KERNEL32.DLL errors when I close the online scaners down, but not every time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by tanda, 05 October 2006 - 04:32 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi tanda...

I'd start by checking your IE security settings. There is a good guide for this HERE.

wannabe1

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Wannabe1, Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the website and changed some of the settings, then tried all four scans, :whistling: no, sorry, no difference. Anything else I can try?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...try Updating ActiveX Objects.

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Wannabe1, The link doesn't work, "Page cannot be displayed". I have been looking at Active x and Java updates, but to be honest, I don'ty know which one I should be downloading, so I haven't downloaded any. The update on the Sun Java site, says I have the most up to date.

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Wannabe 1,
Problem solved, had another problem, which when fixed, sorted this one out too, that question is here.

http://www.geekstogo...s...pid=822348

Edited by tanda, 29 October 2006 - 05:43 AM.