Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Wannabe3, rushin1nd and OCM 770

Thanks for all the help.

Everything is working except the sound, so I assume my motherboard is OK.

Do you have a recommendation for a sound card? I do not have super hi-fidelity speakers, and I only occasionally listen to an mp3 or a video with sound on this computer. I have no games and don't expect ever to have any. Any suggestions?

Edited by jsaklas, 08 October 2006 - 08:15 PM.

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Ok... remember parport and serial? try DISABILING THEM. do not uninstall them cuz if you do and you need them you wont know where to find them. Select the disable option and reboot. Before you do so, i want Wannnabe1's aproval of this so please do not do it until wannabe1 aproves this.

-OCM770-

P.S. is there sound in safe mode. I think i'm on to something.