Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Housecall

• Please log in to reply

Carlamichelle

Carlamichelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I try and run Housecall..... I try to scan the computer, and it tells me that it is doing an automatic update. Then the computer freezes. I go to my task manager, and ask to close the window, it tells me its not responding, then the whole browser shuts down.....

I'm confused.....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a go with this to see if you get the same thing

Panda Active Scan

If it runs then you can bookmark the page and run whenever, it updates daily.

Carlamichelle

Carlamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The same thing happened... I tried to run it, and the whole application shut down.... do I have a virus that is not allowing me to access Housecall or Panda?
:tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
There is a virus about which is preventing any access to anti-virus programmes and sites

Carlamichelle

Carlamichelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
any idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks for your help.... I really appreciate it.... :tazz:

I had posted some other issues....I was hoping you could help me with those as well? ;)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a web page, click tools then internet options, on thgeneral tab, delete cookies, delete files, including offline content. Clear History. On the security tab, click restricted sites then sites to make sure it says nothing about anti-virus sites.

Click start then search and type prefetch, you might need to include hidden files, open this folder, press and hold ctrl then left click any file then press a then release ctrl, right click a file then press delete then yes to confirm. Click start then run then type %TEMP% then press enter, do the same thing to empty the folder, it won't let you delete all of them but delete everything you can

Try going to these

Browser Security Check

Browser Check

Symantec

If it lets you on to Symantec then go for the security check

Try this online scan (again)

Panda Active Scan

Try anything from this list

Security Applications

Try X-Cleaner

X-Cleaner

Retired Tech