Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Media Edition

• Please log in to reply

superkrista

superkrista

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright,
So I've read the threads recently posted with similar problems however they've had more success with me in getting it to work.
Story:
Laptop starting running extremely slow last night (stalling and freezing) so I went to restart it and then it froze while doing that so I did a manual restart..that's when everything went down the tube.
The comp will boot up and ask how I'd like to restart, I choose normally and then it did a disk check..it was taking a while so I went to sleep..woke up and it was back at the reboot screen so I watched it for a while. The laptop will reboot, choose a way to turn on (safe mode, normal etc) then windows will come up for maybe 30 seconds, screen goes black, blue screen with writing pops up for about 1 second and then it goes back to the start up screen and repeats the whole process.

What I've tried
safe mode-all of them..nope not a thing works
f10, went in there still nothing
pretty much done everything you've said to do in the other threads...

I JUST got the laptop In Aug (3) to be exact, so nothing should be dead yet....

Advertisements

superkrista

superkrista

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh and I ran a diagnostics test in the f10 screen and it said

Test #1-07 FAIL