Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Installation or Not

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Microsoft has sent me emails about Vista, since I signed up with something there are doing, they sent me a Vista download, they told me what to do to burn it to a cd or dvd (i forgot which one I did), but im skeptical of doing it incase i mess up, or my computer can't take it. I wanna be able to keep all my things that are on my 320GB Primary HD and use it with Vista. I also have a 80GB HD as my Secondary, completely free, nothing on it. So can you help me install it the proper way.

I have a Dell Demintion 2400:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Advertisements

Ryan_88

Ryan_88

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
are you going to install VISTA over your current version of XP??

if so then i would not recommend installing a BETA OS on a drive if you have important files on it, just incase you lose them and then Microsoft cannot accept any responsibility as they did state it was BETA!!!

to be honest i would wait for the Final release (when it comes out in the shops) but if you really feel you want to do it then give me a shout!

ry