Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Which wireless router

• Please log in to reply

simonp

simonp

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
With only one PC with internet access and 5 users wanting internet access, the demands for computer time border on a war zone.
I have decided to link the childrens individual PC's to the internet via a wireless network but need to limit the time they spend on the net as well as where they spend that time.
I already have Norton pretty much figured for web access but need to be able to auto-disconnect their web access in terms of time, otherwise they will be on the web all night.
Which router can provide this, or can it be done via the XP user account???

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi simonp,

I've got a Belkin Wireless G that has filtering features that should fit the bill. I had a niece and nephew staying with me and the wife and could not get them off the Internet (they both have laptops). My Belkin is my wireless subnet that sits behind another router/firewall and is for all the wireless devices in the house. So to get them off the Internet and allow them the time to do things like chores and homework I set up the filters to block access to the Internet on their laptops from 10pm till 7am and from 3:30pm till 7pm or until the dishes were done that day. I also had a filter for each of them that I could invoke when things didn't get done that denied them access for as long as I chose not to turn it back on. It was nice having slaves for awhile :whistling:.