Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ga-7ixe4 MOB

• Please log in to reply

twinter

twinter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
My friend's computer has following problem:
I have gone through the net and found out various problem solving methods and followed them.
i.e. Check RAM, Check Video Card, clear CMOS, checked for overheating CPU. Everything seems to be okay. To boot up, EVERYTIME, I must wait at least more than 10 minutes, with the SWITCH at the back of PC on with the AC cables plugged in. (Passive Electrical Supply).

The PC boots up (the green LED lights up), pass the BIOS screen, recogs Floppy, HDD and then sometimes goes to Windows and BSOD (or sometimes, even before that, the Monitor has no Signal) There is No function of the front Switch No Green LED lights up, but the CPU Fan spins. I have to use the Switch on the Back of the PC to switch off and on, wait again 10 to 15 minutes to enable to boot again! Can someone help me,please? Why is that it needs to be passively connected to the AC to enable BOOT? And why is that the Screen becomes black andno function except the CPU Fan on after a few minutes (less than 2minutes)?

Edited by twinter, 07 October 2006 - 06:10 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Reseat all connections to the power supply. This sounds like you are getting high resistance(usually bad connections) so the power supply is overloading somewhat and getting hot which compounds the problem. If possible try using a better quality and higher rated power supply. If that does not solve the problem it is probably a motherboard problem.

SRX660