Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COM2 Problem

• Please log in to reply

LTDigital

LTDigital

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have an old 486 that's running DOS 6.2. I use it to run D/Vision Pro 2.2 video editing software. My problem is getting my system to recoginze the serial mouse on COM2. Quite simply, it won't. MSD and Debug tell me that the COM port is active (02F8H) and that there are no interrupt conflicts.

I have tried two different serial mice, at least three different serial cables, and three different controller cards. Each time the same result.

The real kicker is that I have had a working serial mouse on COM2 on this computer in the past.

Anyone have a clue?

thanks...
Larry :whistling:

Advertisements

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
ports can go bad! Use a loopback plug and test the port if there are no resource conflicts everything points to port being bad!