Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

program to put dvr-ms to dvd

• Please log in to reply

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello;
I have been searching for months and can't find what I'm looking for so this tells me I may not know what the heck I'm actually looking for. :help: So, I thought I would post here.

I have windows media center. I record LOST and now I want to edit out the commercials and put it on a dvd that I will be able to use in my dvd player in the living room to watch on TV. Today I used media center to put it on a DVD+RW and out of curoisty I put it in my dvd player and it actually played on the TV. I was like soooo happy about this until :whistling: I fast forwarded to the end and found it did not record everything. So back to the computer, I erased what was on the disk and tried again and this time I paid attention and after over an hour and only 29% burned an error message popped up. I decided, what the hay let's see if I can edit what I have on the disk. (I already tried many times to bring up the dvr-ms Lost file on my computer with no luck) Well, I am still stuck!

Here is what I am working with: Windows XP Media Center 2005; 250 GB hard drive; 1 GB RAM; 16xDVD ROM plus 16XDVD +/RW double layer drives; Roxio My DVD LE; Record Now Audio; Record Now Copy and Record Now Data came with the Dell system. I then installed Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. No matter which one I use when I go to the file where my dvr ms recorded files are they do not come up.

So, I'm begging for :blink: What am I doing WRONG? Will the programs I have do what I want? Where can I find DETAILED information on how to do what I want to do? Dang I long for the days when you bought a computer and it came with every single book you needed so you had something in your hands to go by. Also, can someone tell me what kind of dvd I should use for putting tv programs to? I would like to put more then one show on a disk. (I know that I have to buy the double layer dvd's)
Thank you for any and all help. I truly appreciate all help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The files are on the hard drive, if you right click them, then click properties, which file type are they?

If media centre sticks Digital Rights Management restrictions on them, then that is probably the reason for the error

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
In properties it says Type of file: Microsoft recorded tv show. I understand about the rights because I tried to copy an hour of Stargate SG1 to a DVD and a message popped saying it was copy protected. I used media center to create the dvd and it did copy quite a bit before a message of media center had an error (I should have written that error down)

In properties it also says Size: 3.41 GB and Size on disk: 3.41 GB Obviously this is the size of the file so shouldn't it all fit on a dvd that has 120 min and is 4.7 GB?

Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have broadband, download the trial of Nero

http://www.filehippo...nero_7_premium/

Click start smart, run the cursor over the symbols for the DVD options, click make DVD Movie then click make movie, click more, click DVD options, set it to high quality / 2 passes, browse to add the file, click the spyglass symbol to search for the scenes, set the scene size, click generate, click the + next to the file, press the ctrl and the A keys to highlight them all, release the keys, click the blue + to add them to the timeline, left click any frames you do not want, click delete, when finished, click export, name the file, click export, it will export the file to the nerovision / exported video folder

Nero will burn this to disc

Using Nero will determine if it is the file or the writing software you have

benjapy

benjapy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What software are you using to put dvr-ms to dvd? I known there were two programs to do it. one is AVS Video Tools, another Digital Media Converter. you may download the two software here.

DVR-MS (Microsoft Digital Video Recording) is a proprietary video and audio file format, developed by Microsoft. Video is encoded using the MPEG-2 standard and audio using MPEG-1 Layer II. The format extends these standards by including metadata about the content and digital rights management.

Edited by benjapy, 11 October 2006 - 03:13 AM.