Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL conection problem........

• Please log in to reply

vahi

vahi

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
first off, hello to everybody our there i am a new user

2nd off, i need help with aol 9.0

every time i click the aol application, the updateing aol database thing come up, and that goes to 100%, then it goes bad, i get a windows message saying that the aol connectivity service was forced to close, ya, ok, i know its not as bad as alot of those out there but its a major problem for me becasue stored in files that only 9.0 can access (as far as i know) are some things that i need, theis problem has persisted for a while, but today i decided to try and find a fix, i found this site, and now im here, anyhow, the normal aol window come up with the sign on screen and all, but when i click to sign in, it attepts, and attepmts, with no success to connect me to the internet, this eventually becomes a major source of lag and i have to terminate the process myself because it starts to freeze up, by looking at the error report, i found the file that messes up, its called ACSD.exe i did a web search and found out i was right about that, its the program aol uses to connect to the net, so, is there a way i can fix it? is somebody out there running aol9.0 and able to send me a copy of a clean file? would i be able to extract the file from one of them 9.0 free trial disks and use it to repair my paid for version?, i am currently useing 8.0 since my 9.0 is out, and, incase it'll help in any way, my OS is windows xp (with service pack 2) however this problem existed before i got sp2 well, i would appreciate any help, thank you for your time

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you still have the AOL 9.0 CD, delete the current AOL 9.0 installation and re-install from the CD. Since the problem is with the AOL file it should reinstall with a non-corrupt file.

If you don't have the AOL 9.0 CD, you can upgrade from the current 8.0 version by downloading AOL 9.0 online and installing it.

Try this and let us know how it went.

Ron

vahi

vahi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok, thanks, i'll go download it and see how that works