Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

crazy connection problem?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
ok let me tell u bout my internet problem.1st i use wireless public access internet.One minute i was online fine then i turned off my computer for a few minutes & attempted to get back online.Now,When I try to connect I keep getting"page cannot be displayed" no matter what website I try.I use Google for my home page so my internet really never lags on reaching my homepage.but when i look down at the system tray the little computer icon doesnt have a red X on it.So i refresh.& when I click on the little computer icon to "view wireless networks" & search for wireless networks in range it shows that who i usually connect through "ENRON2" is in range & i get a signal but it aint working.So then I mess w/the internet explorer settings,scan my pc for adware,spyware,& viruses,then i checked for errors,& ran all my file cleaners & even system restored.....but still same [bleep] happens!.ok then i beat it w/a baseball bat between 6 to 8 times right before i doused my laptop in lighter fluid & set it on fire.No but really,next I rebooted & started in safe mode w/networking & tried again .....nothing.Then i try standing in the middle of the backyard & run "search for wireless networks in range" and POOF! i get a network that calls itself "default" & ive never seen this network appear anytime ive ran "search for wireless networks..."before.So i click "connect" & Im on the internet fine.Only thing is I have to be in the middle of the back yard to connect.Ever since spring & summer hit & the trees got all these dam leaves my signal stregnth SUKS!bUt the higher i put my laptop the better signal i get.So what do I need to do????????????????????????????
Remember i amm still a computer rookie so u gotta explain it to me like im a 3 year old.

Advertisements

tWiStEdArRow

tWiStEdArRow

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok listen carefully u might need a friends (preferrably not too smart) help with this. Tell your friend to bring a his laptop. Im gonna take you through a one by one step routine............

Method 1.

1. ask a friend to hold the laptop and stand about 100 feet from you within the back yard and tell him to open any browser and type in a website address. You should probably get the cannot display page error, thats fine.

2. stand on the other end of you backyard with a baseballbat in stance.

3. tell your friend to hit refresh and pitch you the laptop.

4. Swing as hard is you can to hit the laptop and try to aim high to get a good signal.

5. Hopefully by the time your laptop lands the webpage will be open.

Method 2.

1. Swap laptops with your friend when hes explaining to the neighbor why the have a hole in their window

Method 3.

1. Go to the malware forums section and read the faq on what to do before posting a hijack this log. There is a link to the winsock internet fixer. Try it !!

When all steps complete please post a reply so I can evaluate your problem and help people with similar issues in the future.

Since this info is free i am no liable for any damage done to your laptop.
Contact manufacturer for compatability issues and more likely WARRANTY+ Accidental dmg repair before attempting anything

Edited by tWiStEdArRow, 08 October 2006 - 07:08 AM.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
i posted the reply in the malware forum