Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Zone Alarm slowing my computer down or...

• Please log in to reply

PaulG!

PaulG!

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
I downloaded ZA free 'cause you guys suggested it when I was getting rid of a trojan. Maiestas totally helped me out of that jam. Task Manager shows vsmon.exe popping up and using 35-90% bursts constantly also Syatem Idle Process uses a lot of CPU. I can't open ZA from start menu, the start menu just closes. This started a few days ago when my friend accidently unplugged computer while surfing. I ran chkdsk/r everything's ok. This computer is one month old, I have only one 'big' program, microsoft train simulator, and have had no problems running it. All settings are original (I resisted the urge to tweak it). Some people say ZA is great, some say don't use it, I need a professional opinion. I'm going to search some more and try a msconfig (at the start>run prompt right?) to shut down the ZA thing. I can't uninstall it, says true vector is being used by something else. What is true vector? How do I find out what's using it? I think it says true vector isn't installed or something. I like ZA but I don't think it's working right. I have a zillion questions but am not going to ask you all at once, except this: How did you guys and gals get so freakin' smart :whistling: Prevx1, ewido, AVS all show signs of being clean. I don't think its malware or anything but I don't have a clue. I'm just annoyed at the lag. Any articles I can read to make me smart like you? Thanks again for the past, thanks for reading this and I might as well thank you in advance for my future problems lol.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and save Comodo to a folder

http://www.personalf...gistration.html

When you get the licence key, double click the ZA icon, click overview, preferences, remove the tick for load ZA at start up, reboot

Uninstall ZA

Install Comodo

PaulG!

PaulG!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thank you! Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I had to work this weekend. I had a slight problem with the activation code for comodo but I finally did get ZA to uninstall and now the computer is silky again. I don't know how you know all of these fixes, but I sure am glad you do! Thanks again for a great suggestion. It seems that other people out there are having a similar problem with ZA. I guess ZA works for some, but not all. I appreciate the help and the people who offer great products for free. I hope you have a great week!
Paul G.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know