Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

two routers config

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I really do not know how I have to do to setup my local network with two routers, one LINKSYS 1 port and DLINK wireless DI514 router 4 ports

I have DSL service entering for LINKSYS router, from there goes to my 24 ports hub where I have 4 computers connected, and from one of the port I connect the second router wireless, so, the laptop is working good accessing to the internet but I can't share nothing to the local network that I have, even the printer that I have connected, I cann't see any from the laptop

the others computers are working good, internet, sharing, the problem is from the laptop and the wireless connection

any help I really appreciate

thank you

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
assuming they are in the different subnet, can you ping syslink LAN by IP? If yes, can you ping by name? For more information visit http://www.howtoentworking.com.