Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cod multiplayer

• Please log in to reply

tazmaniac

tazmaniac

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The server I normally play on in cod multiplayer is not listed in the game interface, "internet", but it is listed in my favorites in the interface. All others are having the same problem, leaving the server empty with no one to play. I can join the server and play from favorites, and it is listed on xfire. What could the problem be? I need to play on this server w/my clan. :whistling: Thx

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this is a known common problem. you said cod... cod2? cod original, coduo? The following applies to cod2

OK, The Master Servers are set to scan for all COD 2 ports - from 28960 to 29750. Anything within that range is automatcially accepted by the Master Servers as 'right' traffic. As you will notice ours is set to 28960.

Servers show up as vacinity/lowest pings ect to your location.

With the emergence of the the dreaded v1.3 patch there has been a lot of issues with the master lists showing up for people. IW has choose to ignore this fact.

I did a lot of research on this subject and TESTS.....I found sometimes the master server's dns is mis-aligned. I hard-code the host record on the server this has allowed our server to show. This has cleared things up for us being hard coded with no possibilty of being mis-aligned.

Now seems to me some people see it and some don't with that the obvious questions is are people using routers/firewalls ect.

One thing you can try is to remove your router and anything else that may be blocking you from the picture.

-Connect your computer directly to your cable/dsl modem.
-Disable your firewall.
-Check your TCPIP settings and insure they are correct...(automatically detect settings since you are now directly connected to the modem)

See if you can see the server and connect. If you can, turn on your firewall. If you can still connect, the problem is your router setup. We can go into those issues further is need be.

As of right now I re-hard-coded and made sure we are indeed aligned and restarted server. I checked it out and we are indeed showing in the In-Game/Gamespy and ASE.

You can also create a shortcut on your desktop to take you directly there:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2MP_s.exe" +connect 127.0.0.1:28960 +rcon login YourRconPassword +password yourreservedSlotPassword".

If you have trouble with the above, just provide me with the info (if you have rcon or reserver passwords just pm me and I will send you the info back).

tazmaniac

tazmaniac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi starjax, thx for the reply! It is the original cod v1.4. No one is able to see the server listed in the game interface unless it was saved as a favorite. I am afraid that there will be nobody playing on the server and it will go down for good! It is truly a great server with great folks playing but no one can find it if they don't have xfire or gamespy. The ip is 69.31.15.173:28960 if that will help! Thx

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
pass the info along to one of the admins. If you hard code the dns of pb it should work. We had the same problem with our server.