Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer Error & Pop-up Issues

• Please log in to reply

R ...ski

R ...ski

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Strange “things” begin happening in my computer in the last four days and I am not sure how to go about getting rid of them and bringing my computer back to normal.

1. Each time I open my browser I get a pop-up with the URL http://www.mysafetrip.com and several other pop-ups that follow when I try to delete the first.
2. Under my Favorites, a favorite named “Links” appears, and when highlighted, its contents show as empty. I delete this “favorite”, but it returns every time I open the Internet Explorer.
3. Once I exit the Internet Explorer the following message appears:

iexplore.exe – Application Error

The instruction at “0x010b38ae” referenced memory at “0x011cd4b8”. The memory could not be “read”.
Click on OK to terminate the program

- clicking okay opens yet another window…

Error

Runtime error 216 at 010B38AE

4. And, just when I think I closed the Internet Explorer, under Windows Task Manager, Processes tab, the iexplore.exe shows as still being active.

I am running Windows XP home edition SP1a, and use Executive Diskeeper, AVG Free, CleanUp!, Ad-Aware SE Personal, and Spybot - Search & Destroy, to try to keep my computer free of anything that should not be there.

Yet, I beg for help…!

After doing more in-depth homework I realized that my computer must be infected with the SysProtect spyware. Wikipedia describes my computer's symptoms to the letter. Can anyone help me getting rid of this?

Edited by R ...ski, 07 October 2006 - 09:20 AM.

Advertisements