1. Each time I open my browser I get a pop-up with the URL http://www.mysafetrip.com and several other pop-ups that follow when I try to delete the first.
2. Under my Favorites, a favorite named “Links” appears, and when highlighted, its contents show as empty. I delete this “favorite”, but it returns every time I open the Internet Explorer.
3. Once I exit the Internet Explorer the following message appears:
iexplore.exe – Application Error
The instruction at “0x010b38ae” referenced memory at “0x011cd4b8”. The memory could not be “read”.
Click on OK to terminate the program
- clicking okay opens yet another window…
Runtime error 216 at 010B38AE
4. And, just when I think I closed the Internet Explorer, under Windows Task Manager, Processes tab, the iexplore.exe shows as still being active.
I am running Windows XP home edition SP1a, and use Executive Diskeeper, AVG Free, CleanUp!, Ad-Aware SE Personal, and Spybot - Search & Destroy, to try to keep my computer free of anything that should not be there.
Yet, I beg for help…!
After doing more in-depth homework I realized that my computer must be infected with the SysProtect spyware. Wikipedia describes my computer's symptoms to the letter. Can anyone help me getting rid of this?
Edited by R ...ski, 07 October 2006 - 09:20 AM.