Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Steam...looking to buy

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You'll probably say:

ASK IN THE STEAM FORUM STUPID!!!!

well...I'm going to ask here... :whistling:

Anyway, I am looking to buy the multiplayer pack for 29.95 which includes cs:s, dod:s and half life: deathmatch...

Some questions:

Do I need the original Half Life 2?

Can I pause the download, shutdown the computer and then resume when I turn it back on?

Can someone please explain to me how this all works? Preferably someone who has bought from steam online

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont need HL2, you can pause and resume downloads but just the same as any download it isnt reccomended.

Also check out the shops before you buy stores can have sales and you can sometimes get stuff cheaper and you get the older HL2 gold packs that come with all the source based mp games that you want and you can get them really cheap as they didnt sell very well and prices are very low a friend of mine got his for £25 after looking on the very very top of the shelves in the local game.

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
So it's not recommended to download?

I'll try looking through some stores...

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
If you buy it in the store, you can have a hard copy if you like and as Warrior stated, you can get more for less if you shop right.

The plus to Steam is once you register the game you never need the discs again as it knows you ordered it and you can download it at any time.