Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sticky keys

• Please log in to reply

Toshiba23

Toshiba23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all, I spilled a small can of soda on my laptop keyboard a few months ago. I quickly go what I could out, but as the past months have gone on, my keys are amazling hard to push down.

Now Ive thought of a few ways to get rid of the gunk in there, like alchohol or even just plain water but im totally clueless as to what to do.

The model for my laptop is Dell Inspiron 5150

The keys that are sticky are tthe following:
enter
shift (right side)
delete
insert
all arrow keys
page down and up
and my forward slash / question mark

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Did you buy the extended anything that happens warranty?

Laptops just don't like soda and getting the sugary syrup out of them is near impossible without replacing the whole keyboard.

Toshiba23

Toshiba23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did you buy the extended anything that happens warranty?

Laptops just don't like soda and getting the sugary syrup out of them is near impossible without replacing the whole keyboard.

How much are keyboards to replace? And is it worth it on a 3 year model?

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
http://www.computing...imple/keyboard/
if u can pop the keys and be able to install them back on than that's ur best bet just pop them up and clean them. If not... than i would suggest you try going on to dell or call them and ask how much a replacement keyboard is gonna be (most likely over $60) it's not really worth it IMO.
Isopropyl Alcohol is the best thing to use when cleaning computer parts, that and a q tip can do wonders.

Toshiba23

Toshiba23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
k thanks, ill look into those