Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Flash In IE6. Browser Locks Up on Flash Pages.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

THE PROBLEM:
Computer running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 (of course). At this time, we are only running IE6. I am unable to load any pages done with Flash. If I try to go to any page containing Flash code, the browser locks up.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
Uninstalled IE6 and Reinstalled IE6. Downloaded and installed IE7. Uninstalled IE7. Downloaded and installed FireFox. Uninstalled FireFox. Disabled Shockwave Flash Player Add-On from IE Tools. Uninstalled Shockwave Flash Player. Uninstalled IE6 and reinstalled again (only doing this again because I had just uninstalled the Shockwave Flash Player and I assumed that doing a reinstalled would put a fresh copy of the player back on the system). Noted that Adobe FlashPlayer 9 is now an IE Add-On as opposed to Shockwave FlashPlayer.

Unfortunately, none of these solutions have helped me. I'm in IT and am working on someone's computer here at work so would like to keep the browser the same for simplicity - our people don't do so well with change. Ha

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
When you removed IE did you actually go and remove the files, as windows just removed the refrences to IE. Also as a last stage, do a repair on the system after removing all the flash files and IE files.
Hope that remotely helps.