Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have the Bloodhound.W32.EP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lithium

Lithium

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just found it last night days ago, and been up since trying to fix it. I have read the section about HiJack-This logs and the online virus scan, and such. But it won't let me download anything, makes it about half way through the download and then gets and error, any suggestions?

Advertisements

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
what is the error message that you get?

If you cant download it on the infected machine, you can download it on another computer then save it to a floppy or USB drive, or burn it to a cd, then copy it onto the infected computer (make sure you dont just run it off of the floppy, USB drive, or cd)

Lithium

Lithium

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey, I don't think it was a bloodhound, i did try your advice, actualy i tried it before you gave it to me, but it wont even let me install anything from a disk, well only a few things, i could install ad-aware and spybot, but it would freeze when i tried to put HijackTHis on there. The error message was IE commiting an illegal action. Well when I did a normal reboot, when i started back up, it showed a message saying " Windows has recoverd from a serious error" ;) . After i posted the message, a day later i couldn't bring up task manager, norton anti-virus (which I did install off the Norton Internet Security disk), and a DOS Prompt wouldn't even come up. I made a new screen name, and tried to connect to the net, and something crazy happend, I usualy connect at 38.6Kbps (or around there) since I'm on dial up, this time it said i was connected at 115.6 :tazz:, but at that connection speed (so it said) i couldn't go to any web page, or open any messanger. I got it ficed by formatting and reinstalling Wondows XP. Do you have ANY idea what that was?

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
well from that description, its impossible to say really.

I'd guess that you corrupted a key OS file somehow...

but since you reformatted and the problem is resolved, this topic has been closed closed. Should the original poster need it reopened, please contact a staff member.