Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loooooong boot up

• Please log in to reply

ASE master tech

ASE master tech

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a panasonic toughbook and it takes a very long time for the xp boot up screen to come up. The panasonic screen that has the function keys to go into the bios comes up but then it will take a few min to bring up the screen were xp starts to boot up. Once xp starts to boot everything run well a is fairly quick about it. I have already claered the prefetch and defraged the hard drive. Can anyone tell me what else I can try and why it's the gap between the bios and the onset of windows that is causing the problem?
Thanks for any help

Advertisements

hafizik

hafizik

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi there..
hm...im suggesting you to reduce your start up program during the windows start up seasson.
try it using Run command under 'msconfig' go to start up tab and there will be a list of start up programs.Just simply uncheck the bar on the listed program.
Or there would be a possibalities that your comp have been threated to virus..check it out !

^^

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
temme how many partitions does ur hard disk hav...and how many of em do u hav? for the fastest boot up you hav to hav the minimum amt of space in the partion with your OS...and all the data in another partition....it will go faster if the data is in a totally another hard disk

ASE master tech

ASE master tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've tried that to. I'm kinda thinking it's got something to do with the bios because it's the time between when it comes up and the xp screen with the little bar starts. I could be wrong on that but I've tried most everything else I can think of