Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Flash player

• Please log in to reply

Archon88

Archon88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi before I state my problem, I have to admit that I am pretty useless with technology, so if I use any terms incorrectly please do not get mad.
For the last two days I haven't been able to see anything that requires my flash player. I have tried fixing it myself but as I already said I am not an expert with this stuff.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
With Firefox or Internet explorer, installing Flash player is pretty simple. Just go to http://www.adobe.com/, click on the 'Get Flash Player' button. To make sure you get the right version for your browser, use that same browser to get the flash player download, as the site will automatically detect the browser you're using and offer you the correct version for it.

Archon88

Archon88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, however I have tried to install the new flash player before but the install box doesn't pop up. I now think it may not be a problem with the flash player because I was able to see view some things last night with my flash player. When I tried to click on things that I know hasn't been working properly, the left corner says something about javascript (and some symbols) and nothing pops up when there should be a popup. When I tried to view a video on youtube, it says I may have turned off my java script or have an older version of the flash player. I know my version is pretty new, at least I think 8 is new- and even if it isn't I can't install like I said earlier. As well I've looked under the internet options (after I searched to figure out how to turn on javascript) and checked it with this website. Something that occured to day was when I logged into youtube and I couldn't log out anymore and one of the drop down menus would go back up, making think I may have a virus. Thanks for listening to my rambling and any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If it is a virus I will got to the right section of the forum to ask for help.