Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply

slash69

slash69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Everything was just fine when something happened to my firefox program(not sure what) so I reinstalled it. Then the program worked fine but when i try to go to any site it wont work. It says this
V V V V V V V VV V V V V V V VV V V V V V V VV V V V V V V V

The proxy server is refusing connections
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

* Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

* Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
working.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

ok after that i went to firefox's Tools>options>connection settings> where manual proxy setting was selected. instead i selected "auto detect" so after that firefox can connect to the internet but other programs cant (ex. Albatorss18,Aim,MSN)

Help me pleeeeeeeeease!! I`d really appreciate it.

Advertisements

Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
herez wat u do

Firefox > Tools > Options... > General > Connection Settings

Tick/Enable the option "Direct Connection to Internet"

tht shld solve it

slash69

slash69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i wrote it above that firefox IS working but other programs that require internet are not.

Edited by slash69, 07 October 2006 - 10:26 PM.

samat

samat

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

other programs cant (ex. Albatorss18,Aim,MSN)

These other programs also have proxy server settings, try checking to see if they have the same problem as Firefox. I recommend you try 'direct connection' or 'no proxy' first, if it doesn't work then try 'auto-detect'.

something happened to my firefox program(not sure what)

If this happened unexpectedly, then you should find out why as it is a serious change to your internet settings. Did you install any software before this occurred? Do you remember anything about what happened with Firefox?