Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I change my Video Graphics Adapter?

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Well, that sums it up in the topic description. How do I change my VGA? I have NVidia GeForce4 MX. I don't ever remember changing it, so I'm not sure how this happened. I am the only person with access to this computer. Direct X claims I'm using a generic VGA. It says to install the VGA provided by the hardware manufacturer. Of course, I want the best VGA. NVidia came with the computer out of the box.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If Windows XP, download this:
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_91.47.html

If not, go here:
http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp
Select "Graphics Driver", "Geforce & TNT2", your version of Windows and click Go.

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
This is troubling. After I downloaded the NVidia driver for people who have it on their systems, I was unable to use it, as my system or whatever makes it work could not find any NVidia items on my computer!!! Where are they? Where did they go? I haven't changed anything. My computer even asks for the original VGA installed by the hardware manufacturer. I still have a sticker on the front of my tower that says I have NVidia GeForce4 MX. It seems like something must have happened to it. Unless Direct X is calling this a generic VGA. I can't figure this out.

Any ideas?