Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 in 1

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Everytime I want to replace a system file like explorer.exe by a patched one windows file protection won't let me. I am running SP2 and have read on the net that modifying SFCdisable in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Winlogon to 0xFFFFFF9D will disable WFP, i have also read i need to replace the file sfc_os.dll in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ if i am using SP2 and if the version of the file is 5.1.2600.1106 on SP2 but mine is 5.1.2600.2180 and i am on SP2 :blink: :help: :)

What instructions should i follow considering i use a spanish version of XP Home SP2?

:whistling: -OCM770-

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Come on, any help???? and bye the way, can i use an english explorer.exe to replace my spanish one so my XP looks more englishy?

-OCM770-