Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Flash Games

• Please log in to reply

killmypc

killmypc

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey yall'

I have posted this in another help forum, but didn't get a response, hope someone here can help.

The kids like to play games at 'mousebreaker.com', but the games (TG Motocross 2 in particular) are Very Slow, and this window pops up as the game starts...
Posted Image
Their computer has XP Pro/SP2, Celeron @544, 640+ RAM, Radeon 9200 series video card. I know the processor is small, but I am not sure if that is the whole problem...
I have the latest Flash Player...

Thanks

Edited by killmypc, 08 October 2006 - 07:30 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
more than likely it is the game/site issue. In other words they need to update to be fully compatable with flash player v9. There are some compatibility issues between v8 and v9.

killmypc

killmypc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the reply starjax,

I have tried the games there on my computer, and it does fine :whistling:
I have googled the error, but the information I get might as well be in another language (too complicated - codes, etc).
I was really hoping for some kind of 'fix'.... is there anything I can try?

Thanks again

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
You see a lot of code because most of the time the problem is how flash was coded. Either they forgot to close a loop, or it is how they chose to deal with a large amount of data. By clicking yes it will give the application another 15 seconds of processing time.

Upgrading to a full pentium processor instead of a celeron may help in that task as would a simply faster processor. Are they using IE? if so then have them try Firefox. Sometimes a browser switch can cause the flash rendering to process differntly.

killmypc

killmypc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I was afraid it was the ancient processor...
I'll find them a better one.

They have flash player 9, and have tried it IE and Firefox, both are the same...
:whistling:
Thank you