Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I was just minding my own........

• Please log in to reply

boxturtle

boxturtle

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Good morning 10:00 AM est and I have more problems W/my O/S. I was doing a manual virus update when a blue screen said OE 017F BFF 6A4E9 Error Hit any key or C-A-D to restart. AK=new error B/S=OE 17F BFF 6AA529, this time I C-A-D=Windows is bypassing your start up files=start up=blue screen frozen with all desk top icons. I C-A-D again this time in safe mode all sys diag. logs say no problemo. One thing though,In system safe mode drive A:&C: are using compatibility mode file system! also Compatibility mode file system reduces overall performance! I re-started in normal mode. I get A problem has W/your active desktop(white screen) I correct that and here I am, are these prob's related? Have I entered the Windows Twilight Zone or Am I just over reacting? Any Sound Advice Would Be Greatfully Accepted! :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello boxturtle...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows Millenium Edition... :whistling:

Do you have the ME cd? Is it a recovery cd or a Microsoft cd?

wannabe1

boxturtle

boxturtle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Nope! No CD's at all.... Anything I can try? :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What kind of machine is this? (Make and model # if a branded machine)

boxturtle

boxturtle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Good Day! Mfg.=Dell-M/N=Gx1p-450MT BR+ PentiumII Bios= VA09 MOBO=Dell7803c Chipset=443Bx/DX/ZX. 384MB.