Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop sucks...

• Please log in to reply

C01DB100D

C01DB100D

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have a few questions.

1. Should I just put new parts in my bad laptop, or get a better COMPUTER alltogether?

2. Is it even possible to put new parts in a laptop?

3. What would be a good graphics card for a laptop, something that can run Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on a good graohics setting. I stupid bought the game and have to run it on lower than minimum graphics, and it still lags.

4. Would it be better just to take the parts out of my xbox? I hear thats possible. :whistling:

I'm not in need of an instant response, I'm planning on using my money for a Xbox 360, then a better computer.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Most hardware in laptop computers are permanent and cannot be changes. What hardware can be changed in newer laptop's really need a experienced builder to install. Laptops should not be considered for gaming. There are a few expensive laptops that can play games but they cost from $1500 and up. It would be easier for you to play games on the X-box and leave the laptop for general computing needs.

You can hack a xbox but i wonder why bother.

http://www.usatoday....5-15-xbox_x.htm

SRX660

C01DB100D

C01DB100D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
So I guess just buying a whole new computer later on will be better?

My uncle builds computers and stuff. I think I could get him to help me if I did get a new laptop graphics card.