Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black destop , can't change theme

• Please log in to reply

texasbda

texasbda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, my pc has XP and the desktop is black so you can't see text and I can't change the theme. Ran McAffee,
Spy-bot and AdAware and nothing shows up. Any advice?

Thanks.

Advertisements

BDS Computer

BDS Computer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Try booting to safe mode, change to std vga in device manager for display adapter, boot back to normal and reload your display drivers

Edited by BDS Computer, 08 October 2006 - 01:42 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so this problem occurred by its self or did someone make changes and couldnt correct it

otherwise try this

right click any where on desktop choose anyone of windows pictures for a background

or choose a picture of your own and just right click on your favourite picture and save background as...

and it will load on desktop.

then choose screen saver and use drop menu and select my picture slide then click ok to close

if those dont work and you did make this black screen i suggest you go the MALWARE FORUM