Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beep

• Please log in to reply

KDyer4

KDyer4

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Every time any warning window, or any window where you get the option to click yes no or cancel, my computer beeps. I can't even find the sound file on my computer of this short beep to just delete it, and I've checked every .wav file. The only way I can make this sound manually is actually in MATLAB 6.1 by typing the command beep. Otherwise, every single time that little window comes up for absolutely anything it beeps. Help! It's annoying!!!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to control panel..sounds and audio..click sounds ...look in the program events...or go down on drop menu in bottom of window select none then click ok and ok to close

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Actually I had this problem a little bit ago.

Mine was coming from the motherboard speaker. Is yours?

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
If it's from the motherboard, it can't be deleted.
It's a hardware beep inside the computer case.

Hardware solution:
To make it stop, you have to disconnect the beepercable in the computer.
If you don't know which one it is, I suggest you to not open it.

Software solution:
Start -> Settings -> Conrol Panel -> Audio and (...) -> Goto tab "Sounds" -> Select "No Sounds" -> Apply.

Another solution:
Snoop around in the settings of this Matlab. If it's because of the program, it sounds logical that the program can make it stop or prevent.

Greetz.

KDyer4

KDyer4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
The settings is already on no sounds. The motherboard thing sounds plausible, but I have a laptop so I'd rather deal with it then try to open it up.

I checked all around matlab and still can't figure anything. Oh well, thanks anyways

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yeah do not mess with the motherboard speaker UNLESS you know what your doing.

I had this and i accidently pulled them all out ( power on button, hard drive light , etc)

It took me a half hour to figure out how to put them all back in.

KDyer4

KDyer4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I typed the command 'Beep off' in matlab and that may have actually fixed it. If it didn't I'll let you know, but I think it did.