Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Goes Black After clicking

• Please log in to reply

nightman1701

nightman1701

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
My PC goes to a black screen when I click on certain links. I no for sure it does this when I click on Yahoo Games. I have also experianced this on other web sites has well. When the screen goes black the mouse cursor is still active and changes from pointer to hand when scrolled over what I guess to be links in the background. The only way I can get the screen to come back is hitting the power button on my PC which doesn't always power the PC down. The hard drive light is running durring the black screen and after I hit the power button. After powering down if I hit the power button again the PC is back to normal with everything that I was doing perviously still running.

I have run ADWARE, Spy Bot, and Norton and when I fix everything that comes up it still does it.

I have only had this pc for a few months. It is a HP Pavilion m7480n. With a Intel 930 D processor and 2GB RAM. I'm running media center on this computer.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi nightman1701. Give this a try then you will know for sure.
Please go to malware forum and follow the instructions at the top
Specially the CLICK HERE.
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of
all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having
difficulty and you may not be
Then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
Click Here before posting a Hijack This log.
http://geekstogo.com...o_Here-f37.html

Please be patient it may take some time before one of the
experts can address you problem.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from
the malware expert, please return to this thread.

nightman1701

nightman1701

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
I'm still having this problem. I had a post in the Malware forum but no one replied to it. I would apperciate some help if any on this. I have updated just about everything that I can think of on My PC. My screen still goes black if I click on a game in Yahoo Games. The only way around his is I have to put my PC in Sleep mode a couple of times before my screen comes back to allow me to access the games. Then it works fine. The screen also goes black on my city's web page and I'm unable to get it back. I did get it back once by doing whta I do to access Yahoo Games but it only lasted a couple seconds. Please if anyone has had this problem please help.

TechGeekExpert

TechGeekExpert

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Due to the lack of feedback, the following admin will close this Topic.