Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Setting up IrDA

• Please log in to reply

yodajones2000

yodajones2000

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello
I got myself a usb IrDA marketed by swann.

I am having what I believe to be a software issue with the infra red adaptor (SW-U-IRDA). I installed the drivers off the disk then connected the adaptor, it appeared to be working fine until I restarted my computer. Now when I connect the adaptor , only the safely remove hardware icon appears in the tray and in the device manager only the "Sigma Tel USB 2.0 IrDA Bridge" under the infra red devices is displayed. The network adaptors and ports no longer display the IrDA hardware. I tried this on three different computers and they all show the same thing, on XP. except on windows 98 it responded and appeared to work except when I send and recieve files a message:

Communications could not be initialized. Make sure Infrared is enabled on your machine through the Infrared Control Panel applet.

It has a 12 month warranty but cost 34 dollars(AUS)ifchecked and found to have nothing wrong with it.
Thanks

Advertisements