Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CVSNT issue

• Please log in to reply

neora

neora

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I am facing some problems trying to migrate CVSNT or rather backing up repository and making the backed up version functional. Can anybody clear my doubts about it? Or else point me to the ryt forum, please.

Thanking you all in advance :whistling:

Edited by neora, 17 October 2006 - 03:00 AM.

Advertisements

neora

neora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I was searching for this post for a while after i posted it. Now i got it :whistling: I will explain my problem.

I have backed up the CVS repository using windows backup to a server(remote DR server) with similar configuration. I have restored it in the DR server. Then i installed CVSNT and made the folder a repository. Made local users in the server and tried adding them to the CVS. I cannot do anything because it is not even letting the adminuser to login. Do you think that the CVS files that came with the back up is causing the problems????

any ideas?? cus the way i did could be wrong.. that's the feeling i have. Please guide me in the right direction. All the guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this field.

cheers

neora

neora

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi,

I have figured it out. I changed the password of the cvsadmin in the 'copy machine' to be the same as the one which was in the original machine. Thus CVS can recognize the admin...

Cheers...

(edited for clarity and grammar)

Edited by neora, 02 November 2006 - 04:28 AM.