Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless PC and MAC?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

J0oh106

J0oh106

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have already purchased a netgear 802.11g wireless router and a usb 2.0 adapter. I plan to keep the PC wired to the modem and make the MAC wireless. What I basically need to know is what is this airport thing and do I need to go buy one.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
The airport thing? :whistling: You mean the wireless adapter?

J0oh106

J0oh106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just because I have not heard of the "wireless adapter" due to the fact that I have never owned a MAC before doesn't give you permission to be an [bleep]. Clearly you have no life if you post in a geekstogo forum without helping. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your reason for living. I am only 13 and needed help, perhaps losers such as yourself should get out more...Seriously you posted for no apparent reason....YOU...HAVE...NO...LIFE

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I'm sorry? I fail to see the offensive content in my post... I had never heard of the item you were referring to, and so I attempted to clarify what you said by replacing that word with one I thought was equal to it. Also, a wireless adapter has nothing to do with a MAC system, as all systems will need one in order to connect wirelessly. Operating System has no effect on that. Also, I'm 16, so don't give me that age junk. A hint of advice to you sir, get a little more mature. I was going to help you, pending a response of clarification on your part, however, you fail to comply with my questions and seem to just want a fight. Also, I posted because I try to help people like yourself who don't completely understand a computer related issue they are facing. If I didn't want to help people, I wouldn't be here. I think we're done here. Good day to you :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
AirPort is simply Apple's brand name for a wireless base station.

J0oh106 that was extremely abusive, and uncalled for. I came very close to banning you. Please treat this site and our members with more respect, or you are not welcome here.